Wednesday 15 August 2012

Girl Power!!

The last two weeks the British nation has been watching intensley to the London Olympics, and the Olympics has given the British public a sense of pride I was more interested in how many woman competited in the Olympics and the radical change of women being able to competete in a male dominated sports (Nicola Adams Team GB woman's boxer and gold medal winner). I wish I could write the same about local government politics, however I am aware our time will come!!! I believe there should be more women and ethic minorities in local government it would be a much fairer system and more people would vote in local elections. The majority of local councils are pompous white middle-class men who nothing in common with the people they represent. The political parties should be addressing the lack of women and ethic minorities councillors, if they want Localism to work!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment